Back pain is a common problem faced by people irrespective of their age.
Incidence of low back pain is in and around the age group of 25 to 45 years and is more because of the stressful life.
Causes of Low back pain are:
- Degenerative changes
- Lack of physical activity
- Sprain or Strain
- Disc prolapsed
- Long and repetitive journeys
Symptoms of Low back pain are:
- Pain in the lower back
- Pain radiating to the leg
- Numbness in any part of the leg
The investigations dine include X Ray, CT Scan and MRI Scan.
The aim of the physiotherapist is to strengthen the muscle, improve mobility and reduce the pain of the patient.
Treatment done is as below:
- Modalities : These include the Ultrasound therapy, Inter Ferential Therapy (IFT), Short Wave Diathermy (SWD), Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) and Lumbar Traction.
- Exercises: The exercise recommended are Abdominal strengthening exercise, basic strengthening exercise and stretching exercises.
- Bracing: The other option includes Lumbar Sacral support belt and Dorsal Lumbar belt.