Rotator cuff is an complex of four muscles in the shoulder joint.
- Minor trauma
- Degenerative cuff
- Direct fall on shoulder out stretched hand
- Attempting to lift heavy objects
Symptoms of Rotator cuff tear are as below:
- Pain is more severe during shoulder movements
- Difficulty in lifting the arm
- Restricted movements
Rotator cuff tear has 2 types namely:
- Partial tear : It is an degenerative change and is more frequent.
- Complete tear : In this the pain is felt immediately after the injury and patient is unable to lift the hand over his head.
Diagnosis is done by an X -Ray.
Partial tear healing is spontaneous whereas Complete tear needs an surgical correction.
- Exercises : Immobilization and Pendular exercise
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
- Ultrasound Therapy